- Make sure that each cat has his own resources like a litter box, food dish, water dish, toys, scratches, etc.
- Before the cats meet, introduce them by scent. You can take a piece of cloth and rub it in each cat while spending time with them and then bringing the cloth to the other cat.
- Until the different cat scents are spread around the house the cats should stay separate. Alternate letting them explore the home separately to spread their scents.
- When ready to start introducing them to each other start from afar – they should be able to see each other but not come and sniff. Keep that first introduction short
- Try to engage them in something they enjoy while they are in each other’s presence
- One you physically introduce them if they show stress you may have to go back a couple of steps, but if they show curiosity and friendliness, reward both cats for being good